I never thought I’d be one of those people that does this but I’m proud of my accomplishments so here it goes. It’s been 1 year since I’ve joined Crossfit Vernon and this is what I’ve learnt:
1. Lifting lots of weight is way more fun than worrying about how much you weigh! Threw my scale out 10 months ago and haven’t looked back since.
2. People are going to cheer for you whether you like it or not so embrace it! CF is a community.
3. Set goals, write them down, and just go for them!
4. Making PR’s are ok to brag about because you worked your ass off for them! I’m stronger than I ever thought I could be and still going!
5. I still surprise myself at least once a week by doing something I didn’t know I could do.
6. “Bridge Run” is an everyday/all day debate of hitting the cancel button or not but in 1 year I have never hit that damn button proving to myself I can stay committed to fitness.
7. Running, lunges, wallballs and DU’s are NEVER going to go away so just swear to yourself or out loud and just fricken do them no matter how miserable they make you. Difficult does not mean impossible.
8. The sweat, time and devotion always pays off. Quitting is not an option! Especially with wade yelling at you to finish!
9. Only compete with yourself! (Or your sister on lifting days).The whiteboard may show you are last but it might be a PR for you! I’m still working on this one.
10. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!
Thank you to all the coaches and friends at CFV for encouraging me and getting me through this past year! -Even though I know I can be a bit unapproachable at times . It has changed my life for the better
EMOM 24 10/12 cal 10 box jumps10/12 Cal60 Double under 3 rounds 800 m row21 KB swings 12 pull ups